As a staff member, using your staff SFU computing
ID, you have access to all printers connected to the SFU Print Server.
Active Directory PC users log into "ADSFU" each time they use their computers.
Please note: the "Department Code" feature is now known as "Account Tracking" on these new devices.
ACTIVE DIRECTORY COMPUTERS: Add a printer from a Windows workstation:
- From Start menu: Control Panel: Printers and Faxes
- Click "Add a printer...". Click Next.
- Choose "A network printer...". Click Next.
- Choose "Find a printer in the directory". Click Next.
- All printers are labelled. Search for the name of the printer you want to install ("SC OPS01719 MFP" or "sc-2724-bw1", for example).
- Right-mouse click on the printer and select 'Connect'. Click finish.
- REMEMBER to save YOUR department code for Account Tracking!!!
Add a Printer from a Windows computer that is NOT in SFU's Active Directory:
- Details may be found for here.
Add a Printer From a MAC
- Details may be found here.
Scanning to "sc-data.surrey.sfu.ca/scans"
- Details may be found here
Important Note: It is now mandatory for some departments to enter their account tracking codes (previously called department codes) in order to print to the campus copiers. Please contact your departmental assistant if you do not know your account code.
If you have any issues printing please contact the helpdesk.