The use of the Surrey Staff email list may have strayed from its intended purpose which is to convey messages of importance to the Surrey campus community, such as important university business, campus closures, facilities-related issues, IT-related issues, security and emergency procedures, and university sanctioned fundraisers and events.
For this reason, all Surrey campus faculty and staff are asked to:
1. Use the list for brief, succinct messages regarding business-related (teaching and research) information and activities that will be of interest to the majority of Surrey campus staff and faculty.
2. Use the subject line to subtitle messages so that readers may quickly discern their content, ie.: Campus Open House: <the rest of your subject line>, Facilities Update:, SFU Fundraiser:, Message from Security:, etc.
3. Keep attachments small - under 5mb.
4. Reply to the sender only, rather than 'reply to all', when asking questions or commenting on the original message.
5. Not use this list for personal business, ie. selling your child's chocolates, cookies, etc.
6. Not include attachments that offer no additional information than what is included in the email text.
Please use the Surrey Staff list judiciously so that it remains an effective vehicle for conveying important information to the Surrey campus community.