Programs at Surrey
SFU offers undergraduate and graduate programs at the Surrey campus in Applied Sciences, Arts and Social Sciences, Business Administration, Communication, Art and Technology, Education, Environment, Health Science and Science, as well as a variety of Continuing Studies programs.
At the undergraduate level
Are you looking for an engaging first year of university? If so, a first-year experience (FYE) program at Simon Fraser University’s Surrey campus might be right for you!
FYE programs offer you many advantages including:
- Smaller classes
- Priority course registration
- Curriculum tailored to your interests
- Development of critical thinking, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong academic and advising support
- Social and community events & activities
FYE programs at SFU Surrey are designed to create a smooth transition from high school to university by providing you with the opportunity to be a part of an exciting first year at an award-winning, urban campus. All FYE programs offer you the opportunity to get involved on campus in your academic and social communities, and to engage with other students, faculty and staff on a personal level. After completing a first-year program at SFU Surrey, you will be prepared intellectually, academically and socially to be successful in the second, third and fourth years of your degree.
SFU Surrey offers a full range of first-year programs.
- Explorations (HTML / PDF) is for students interested in broadly exploring the arts and social sciences, taking interdisciplinary courses which combine different areas such as political science, economics, sociology and geography or literature, the creative arts and cultural studies.
- Global Issues FLC (HTML / PDF) is for students interested in global problems and a possible career in Literature, History, International Studies or Political Science.
- Social and Behavioural Sciences FLC (HTML / PDF) is for students interested in how people interact individually or in communities, as well as a possible career in Psychology, Law, Sociology, Cognitive Science or other social sciences.
- Crim One (HTML / PDF) is an interdisciplinary first-year option at SFU Surrey for students intending to specialize in Criminology.
- BusOne (HTML / PDF) is for Business students who wish to complete classes together in their first term as well as participate in a weekly workshop to learn about the extra-curricular opportunities within the Beedie School of Business.
- Environment One (HTML / PDF) is for students interested in the social science programs: Archaeology, Geography and Environmental Geography, or the science programs: Physical Geography and Environmental Science. Environment One provides first-year access to all degree programs in the Faculty of Environment.
- Interactive Arts and Technology One (HTML / PDF) is for students who wish to build highly interactive and usable technological systems. Students learn how to blend hands-on and technology-based approaches to think and design in 2D and 3D, program interactive systems, design and build games, and create prototypes. This is supported by learning written communication and teamwork, the foundations of mathematics for computational media, and software and community support through Techbytes and Techteams.
- Systems One (HTML / PDF) is for students interested in a technologically innovative program that combines core courses in both Mechatronics and Software Systems to provide a streamlined pathway for students entering their first year of studies in Applied Sciences.
- Science Year One (HTML / PDF) is for Science or Health Sciences students interested in smaller classes and an engaging first-year environment.
At the graduate level - SFU offers a number of course and research-based programs for students who have completed their undergraduate degrees and would like to further their knowledge and expertise.
Undergraduate and graduate programs offerings are outlined by faculty below.
Sortable Directory of Programs at All SFU Campuses